AVIC411.com

d3 video converter help please

I wanted to know if anyone here knew of our had a FREE program to:

1) convert mpeg to mp4 form

2) convert my dvd collection to mp4 form

or if anyone knew a good place to upload free video's that will play clear on the avic d3 ?

my basic problem is i've been using a program to take convert video's from youtube to mp4 form, but they all youtube videos are blurry. and everything i've found on limewire is blurry also. I'm just trying to get some video's on my ipod that will play clear on my d3.

I save video's from all over the net to realplayer, but I need to convert from there to mp4

thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

funny you should mention this.... I jsut got all imeshed in this very topic today!

A coupel hints that i came across, and SEEMS to be true...

1. If you are downloading via Limewire, be sure that the files are larger. I've downloaded the same movie in both smaller and larger sizes and the diference was the video quality. The larger one seemed nearly DVD quality whereas the other one sucked.

2. I came across a website that give you step-by-step instructions as to how to convert any movie dvd into an mp4 format for viewing on an ipod. It also gives you links to the free programs that are used in the tutorial.

http://www.anders.com/guides/convert/vi ... ndows.html

Thats the link. Hope that helped... The only issue i am seeing is that it takes merely minutes to rip a dvd to your comp... but hours to compress and convert to mp4 format.... (when i say hours.. i mean literally like 8+ hours! I am doing my first coupel dvd's now and will be comparing quality)

Let me know if this helped

The quality from youtube is almost always going to be lowrez. Not much you can do about it as youtube encodes all their videos to flash which lowers the quality. As far as taking your DVD's to ipod format thats easy, download Handbreak, its free.