AVIC411.com

Ok, this is the thing....i keep reading two different things on this 'soldering the two wires under the sticker to bypass' theory. I read alot of "Its works' and many "dont do it, it'll screw up your navi system-you'll be pissed if you screw it up"! So which one is it? And if it does work, where in the world is the park brake ground wire?? (Not an electrical expert, especially with cars) I have an 2002 GMC Yukon...anyone have any advice HONEST advice??!!

Thanks!

I didnt say anything about grounding a cable...I ASKED simply if this fix WORKS!!!!! Im seeking honest feedback. Secondly, I commented that I didnt know where the ground for the e-brake is-thats it!!! Im seeking feedback on those 2 things....If I find that its something that I cant do, then yes-i'll hire a professional. But im seeking to find out if this so called 'fix' even works.

Thanks

I appreciate your feedback. Now-Im curious to know if you'd be able to tell me ow to do it. I've read that the solder point is on the in-dash peice itself, and that there should be a sticker on the bottom of it, covering up two wires. You remove the sticker, see the 2 wires and solder them. That in conjuction with grounding the ebrake should enable the unit to play movies while in motion. Are these the correct sets to follow? If Not, i'd appreciate it if you could let me know, If you know the process and where I could find everything I need to locate. Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

Well I didnt want to mess with mine so I took a rca cable from the output

and ran it in the backup camera hookup and it plays on the screen now

but with a portion of the right side being the map, but I didnt trust myself

to solder that its too small for me to risk it.

I also use a backup camera and I installed a switch so I can toggle

from it to the dvd and it works perfect