AVIC411.com

The unit was built in 7/2006. I have not upgraded any software. This was a display unit before I bought it.

1. It only plays 1 out of 20 DVDs. It says: "Can't read DVD".

2. BT sucks. People do not understand me and I can not really have a meaningful conversation. If I turn the volume up I get the feedback echo.

3. How do I delete a CD or an artist? Do I have to delete eacg song seperately?

4. I did the bypass. It now tells me that my brake wire is connected wrong every time I start the car.

The unit was built in 7/2006. I have not upgraded any software. This was a display unit before I bought it.

1. It only plays 1 out of 20 DVDs. It says: "Can't read DVD".

2. BT sucks. People do not understand me and I can not really have a meaningful conversation. If I turn the volume up I get the feedback echo.

3. How do I delete a CD or an artist? Do I have to delete eacg song seperately?

4. I did the bypass. It now tells me that my brake wire is connected wrong every time I start the car.

1. Sounds like you either have a dirty laser or the unit itself needs recalibration - May have to send it to the mfr.

2. You may need to do the Bluetooth update CD. As for echo, the BT update will resolve most of that, but it also depends on mic/speaker relation. You could be getting echo because the mic is picking up what the speaker is putting out, and that just gets amplified again, and again, and again - Feedback is what we call it in live sound 8) Some have reported that they changed the speaker output to left, or right. If your mic is located on the drivers side, try sending the phone audio out of the right speaker only.

3. While you're in the library, hit "search" and go by album. Pick the album, hit the little memo button like you're going to name it and there should be an option to delete the whole album...I think...

4. Go back through and check all your connections. Mine did this and I found that when I added the extra wire into RCA harness #2, it wasn't fully seated into the harness. Once I got it seated, the message came back. I then pulled the head unit, disconnected that harness and found that the added wire had pushed the actual pin on the HU into the chassis itself. I had to take needle nose pliers and pull the pin back out, flush with the rest and when I put the #2 harness back in place it was all good 8)

Hope this helps you some.