AVIC411.com

BT Microphone and bluetooth questions

I bought my z1 with no microphone, I had one left over from a OLD N1 install (I think) but its missing the foam piece over the mic. Anyways, I have a Sprint HTC Touch (PPC 6800), and I have made some trivial attempts to use it in the car, any person I have called ended up in a hang up. It was so bad, they couldn't even attempt to communicate with me. I had to yell at the microphone (mounted on the far left edge of the drivers visor) to even let them try to make my voice out. And when talking to them later, there was complaints of multiple echo's when they could make anything out.

Can someone help me start from scratch, and point me to a replacement microphone know to work. Or the original one from the avic z1/2/3?

I just got back from a trip where I connected the same phone to a garmin my touch via bluetooth, and used it all week with no issues, no complaints from end users about echo's and I could "tell" that it was working with them, on my z1/z3 I can tell just by the outgoing ring over the speakers that it was gonna be noisy.

I'll continue searching the forums for info, but hope Ive just missed someone else talking about getting the htc touch working well.

And, point me to a microphone please....

Navtraffic and bt phone is about 50% of the reason I bought this unit. I need to ditch the ear dongle if I can.. :)

Thanks

SD

Try doing the bluetooth update first. You might try different mic placement too. The mic is here:

http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/par ... um=CPM1064

I'm last tried it when running the z2 image, I havent with the new Z3 that I am running, maybe my z2 bypassed image didnt have the bluetooth updates to it? Im assuming that the z3 image does however.

I'll grab a factory mic for starters.

Any one else using the htc touch and have it all working well?

My guess is that even with the factory mic you're going to be disappointed with the quality. I've used many systems, both aftermarket and OEM, and the quality of the Z series and the D3 is sub par at best.

Hopefully the F series will be much better with the switch to the Parrot Bluetooth paradigm.

My guess is that even with the factory mic you're going to be disappointed with the quality. I've used many systems, both aftermarket and OEM, and the quality of the Z series and the D3 is sub par at best.

Hopefully the F series will be much better with the switch to the Parrot Bluetooth paradigm.

Kind of sad that for 90 bucks I can get a clip on my visor that works KILLER, but on a 1500 dollar system with a 90 dollar upgrade I cant get something worth a shit. I hope I can make it at least usable.... :(

I got the new mic, haven't taken the time to run it. But I finally fixed my z3 image with the one that DOESNT reboot on voice activation button activation. I have never use the voice recognition features. I haven't read how to use them also, but this makes me think that maybe my BT might get better, because with the current mic, when I push the Voice rec. button, and it tells me to say something, nothing I say gets picked up, I assume the commands are whats listed on the screen, and I have tried to say all the command phrases (just about anything I see on the screen) and it does nothing, 1 time I said something and it repeated one of the line phrases (I said nothing like it) and went to the next round of traffic selection input, but didnt care what I said.

Nicita