AVIC411.com

Issues with NAVTraffic Pioneer and XM no help!

Ok this is hard to explain. I have GEX-P10XMT and a D3. When I select a route from point A to Point B if there is an accident on the route I can see it on the map itself as I come up on it and if I pull up the traffic alert list it will be on there but it never tries to warn me about it or detour me the roads don't change colors or the little XM box on the bottom right hand side of the screen never changes colors. If I hit the button on the bottom right it always says "There is no traffic information on this route Do you want to check the list?" I get Stocks and it seems as it works but I will not reroute me or give me an option for a detour. I have tried multiple resets and resent the signal several times!

There are two types of data with NavTraffic. Incident data and flow data.

the Avics will only reroute if the data shows the average mph are significantly slower than the average road and highway speeds you have set in the avic. The software will not reroute simply because of an incident.

Also not every city gives the avic both incident and flow data. check the coverage maps on xmradio.com to see what your city offers.

Ok I may need to challenge your brilliance! After further research I noticed that traffic flow are speed sensors to inform you of the speed of traffic at a given area. If there was a road closure or detour or accident, shouldn't the unit still try to detour me? After reading about the navigation it says in the book that it will offer a reroute if there is a road closure. Speed sensors just inform you of the speed of traffic.

Road closure yes. Not traffic accident. An accident that closes 3 lanes on a highway doesnt constitute a road closure, even tho there are only 3 lanes each way. Dont always trust what Pioneer puts in print. What they print, and what happens are two different things lol I have noticed this quite a bit using the navtraffic in NYC. If a road is closed due to flooding after a bad storm, i will get rerouted. If there is an accident ahead, i will not get rerouted until i physically turn off from the planned route.