AVIC411.com

How to unlock Avic Z2

Hi Guys,

I would really appreciate your help if you can let me know how to unlock AVIC Z2. I have recently got it installed in my car. I did download the .ISO file and burned it as a image CD; but when I insert the CD and hit the map key it say the update has already been installed, so basically does nothing after prompting this message. I have also grounded the wire as instructed in http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8783.

Does any now why it would do this and if some can give me recommendations?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Technically, you're not "unlocking", you're "by-passing".

You said

I have also grounded the wire as instructed in http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8783.

So did you ground one wire or two? To do this properly, you should have grounded the light green parking brake wire, and then added a wire into RCA harness #2 and continued to ground that one too...so all said and done, you needed to ground 2 wires for this to work.

If you have grounded both, then go back and make sure the pin for the added wire in RCA harness #2 is seated all the way, thus making contact with it's respective pin in the back of the head unit.

When you get that worked out, holla back and we'll talk about "unlocking" 8)

im with you wheels. if someone cant effectively understand a msg that says an update was already done, and what that means, then watching a dvd while driving is probably a bit too much as well.

if the update is for passangers follow the instructions by big to BYPASS the system.