AVIC411.com

Hello all,

I recently bought a AVIC Z1 from somebody

I installed it into my 99' Cadillac seville, i bought the wiring harness and color matched it to the wire into the Z1

Now i installed the bluetooth and when i try to connect it to my phone (treo 700wx) i can't connect because i have no clue what the code is...

Does aybody know what it is?

Also there are buttons that are not bolded in which i can select.. such as on the map selections, i cannot add addresses to the address book or even select the "go to" button. or even the "system restore button"..does anybody know how to fix this?

Or even how to fully reset this system?

The manual for the system is posted within this forum and Pioneer's website. It has a wealth of info. Such as this excerpt from page 86:

Editing the password

You can change the password to be used for

authentication on your cellular phone. (Default is

[1111].)

1 Touch [information] in the navigation

menu, and then touch [Phone Menu].

2 Touch [Phone Settings].

The phone settings screen appears.

3 Touch [Password].

4 Touch any key to enter the password you

want to set and then touch [OK].

➲ About Keypad operation ➞ Page 29

❒ Four to eight characters can be entered for

a password.

Alright i tryed to do what you just said and absolutely no buttons on the phone settings are available other than "dial favorites" I can't do anything else on the phone settings.

Its not just the phone settings...even the GPS "Go to" button and many other buttons on the system are not available

Any solutions?

Just a side note to the issues you are having. Unless you have done the bypass on your Z, you have to have your E-Brake engaged for many of your GPS buttons to work, this includes the "Go To" button. Hope this helps you in you quest.