AVIC411.com

not sure if this goes here buttttt.... new to ipod, and am looking at making playlists in alphabetical order (all artists that start with A, under "A" playlist, etc),

but when i open that playlist allll the songs from alll the artists are listed in there. is there a way to make folders in each playlist, so that when i open the A playlist it has another list of the different artists and not all the songs listed?

Nope. All that will show in a playlist is a list of songs. You can, however, use the genre method. Take all the songs who's artists start with the letter A, and change their genre to "A". Do the same for all the other letters as well. That way, when you hit the genre tab, a list of letters comes up, you select the letter you want, and a lits of artists who's names start with that letter shows up. Then just select the artist you want. The only downside to this is you lose the ability to filter the songs by their actual musical genre.

nice I think I'll try this method simple and fast too to change that.. cause there isn't any other quicker way to get to specific artists during the artist search rather then to just hold the down arrow with is fkin lame.. been nice if you could have just selected a letter there or had the keypad from the nav part to start typing a artist.. doesn't seem like it would have took that much more to have added those features.. :?