AVIC411.com

Can I have a movie playing while I play my music?

I seem to recall that it is possible to have a DVD play through the video-output to a secondary screen and the HU can play music, SAT or any other input at the same time. However, I don't believe you can watch a DVD on the units screen and use another input. Check the manual for a complete list of system capabilities.

It's a particularly useful feature if you have a demanding 3 yo daughter who wants to watch NEMO for the millionth time on the backseat overhead monitor and you don't want to be pushed over the edge listening to NEMO for the millionth time. :lol:

NO YOU CANT AND PIONEER ARE ASS HOLES FOR TAKING THE OPTION AWAY!

You see I called pioneer and complained about this In my old radio the AVIC N2 you were able to do this along with intersection search. Now the Z series you no longer have I think its called "tri band". The N2 has it. And no more intersection search two very cool options needed. I would listen to sirius and have scarface playing on my all my lcds.

as mentioned above you can listen to the hdd unit while the av 1 or 2 plays a dvd movie. you have to goto the main screen (no source playing) select dvd but not mirror) the screens in the rear mus be equip with speaker, rf wireless headset, and or a headphone jack.