AVIC411.com

UK - AVIC-HD3 freezing

Hello from blighty,

I've had an AVIC-HD3 (with blueooth) for 6-12 months which I presume is the same as the Z range (it certainly looks the same.

Anyhoo mine keeps freezing and it is really irritating so I was wondering if:

a) The HD3 was the same as the Z1/2/3 (if so which one)

B) I see that there's a firmware update for the z1/2 that seems to fix a problem that exactly matches my symptoms, has anyone applied this on an HD3 with success?

The UK pioneer site has no such updates :(

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/content/sup ... grade.html

Thanks for the reply

I'll give Pioneer a call today and see what's what, hope they're helpful (and know what they are talking about).

I'm also trying to get to the bottom of what my HD3 is the equivalent of, I'm guessing it's the Z2. After reading the threads on here re: HDD unlocking and (particularly) the Z3 image it'd be good to know whether they'd work on my unit too. There seems to be also zero 'enthusiast' info on the HD3

Thanks for the reply

I'll give Pioneer a call today and see what's what, hope they're helpful (and know what they are talking about).

I'm also trying to get to the bottom of what my HD3 is the equivalent of, I'm guessing it's the Z2. After reading the threads on here re: HDD unlocking and (particularly) the Z3 image it'd be good to know whether they'd work on my unit too. There seems to be also zero 'enthusiast' info on the HD3

Yep, as you thought, the HD3 is (more or less) equal to the Z2.

The HD1 is similar to the Z1.

The major differences are with the FM tuner. The HD1/HD3 have an FM tuner with a different frequency grid, RDS and TMC.

Also of course the region code for the DVD is different ( and obviously the maps). Navigation etc. is the same.

I've heard of at least one person here in The Netherlands who did the anti-freeze update succesfully on a HD3 ..

• 3 weeks later...
Just in case it helps anyone else I just used the USA AVIC-Z2 firmware update on my UK AVIC-HD3 (BT) successfully.

I'm really interested to know more...

You used a new disk drive or what?

Does it updated only firmware and software or even maps!??

Thanks