AVIC411.com

Z3 Nav glitch?

I noticed this the other day. I had a route in my Z3, and I used the Bluetooth to make a call (without touching the display, I used the remote). Once the call was finished, I noticed that the display wasn't centered on the red triangle. I basically had the red circle in the middle of the map, kind of like when you scroll to a location.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks.

Did you end the call by pushing the red "Telephone" in the upper right hand portion of the screen?

I've noticed that when you hit that button it acts like you've selected an area on the screen to scroll to. My z1 and z2 did it as well my z3.

Did you end the call by pushing the red "Telephone" in the upper right hand portion of the screen?

I've noticed that when you hit that button it acts like you've selected an area on the screen to scroll to. My z1 and z2 did it as well my z3.

Thanks for the reply. I ended the call by pressing the red telephone button on the remote. I didn't actually touch the display. My guess is that it interpreted the pressing of the remote button as an actual "touch" on the display. That makes sense to me, but it is kind of annoying....it's a feature, not a bug :?

This is a common problem with AVIC Z units. The radio signal on you phone interfered with the satellite receiver. This is a problem that Pioneer needs to address. You will notice that any time you make a call that is not brief your signal will be off for as long as 10 minutes.

This is a common problem with AVIC Z units. The radio signal on you phone interfered with the satellite receiver. This is a problem that Pioneer needs to address. You will notice that any time you make a call that is not brief your signal will be off for as long as 10 minutes.

eh? That's a new one on me. I've had five people in my car all taking on their phones and never had a gps tracking problem. Moreover, my cell phone has a GPS receiver in it and I've never had a problem tracking.

The issue here is caused by either the user pushing the "end call" button in the upper right portion of the screen or the user selecting "end call" on the available steering wheel remote. The later option is essentially a remote call for the end button on the screen. The "End Call" button in the screen is a float button that is interpreting its selection twice: once to end the call and a second time as selecting the area directly under it as a location on the map thus causing in the scroll function to initiate.