AVIC411.com

SIR-PNR2 (Sirius Module) not working

I had my Z1 installed this weekend professionally and after I got home and registered my Sirius receiver I don't get any sound. I have sound from everything else including the Ipod adaptor. After the registration I am able to tune to any channel, browse the categories and get the on the air showing I have satellite signal. Looking at the installation diagrams it looks like there is only one cable that attaches to the head unit so I am making an assumption that the cable is attached since the Z1 sees the receiver and I can change channels. I will bring it back to the installers but I can't until next weekend so I'm looking for any advice here for now.
Thanks
[quote name="mrbrent"]I had my Z1 installed this weekend professionally and after I got home and registered my Sirius receiver I don't get any sound. I have sound from everything else including the Ipod adaptor. After the registration I am able to tune to any channel, browse the categories and get the on the air showing I have satellite signal. Looking at the installation diagrams it looks like there is only one cable that attaches to the head unit so I am making an assumption that the cable is attached since the Z1 sees the receiver and I can change channels. I will bring it back to the installers but I can't until next weekend so I'm looking for any advice here for now.
Thanks[/quote]

The channel list is stored in the PNR2, so without a signal you can still change channels. Where is you antenna for the PNR2 located and do you have a clear view of the sky, if you are not in an area with a Sirius terrestrial repeater a clear shot of the sky is extremely important. Tall buildings, trees, gas station covers, parking garages and anything like that will affect your Sirius reception.

When you were registering your SID (Sirius ID) with Sirius and they asked you to tune to channel 184 (Weather and Emergency) were you able to hear that channel?

Locations of Sirius terrestrial repeaters: [url=http://scb147.home.comcast.net/sirius_repeaters.html]http://scb147.home.comcast.net/sirius_repeaters.html[/url]
Actually, full functionality but no audio is a very common problem with these pioneer add ons.

It depends on what you have and what order they are, but I'm willing to bet the colored ends of the connection cable are backwards. Just unplug the wire going from the sat radio tuner to what ever you have "up the line" towards the Z1 and reverse it, and I would guess it will fix your problem.
Thanks for the replies everyone. The modules I have are the Bluetooth, Ipod and Sirius. I don't know what order they are connected. Is the blue end or the black end supposed to go toward the Z1? BTY the antenna is on the roof right above the rear window. I have a clear view of the sky and no change as I traveled the freeways this morning. When I pull into the garage then it starts saying searching for signal so I think my signal is OK. Before I registered the radio I only had ch 184 and could not hear anything. After registration I am able to tune to all the channels just no sound.
Greg
Yah, it sounds like the cable is backwards. The blue end of the cable is the one that goes towards the Z1, and the black end goes away from it. If the cable is in the right direction, then I would guess they have the sat radio box connected to the wrong plug.

There are blue recepticals and black ones, on each device, and the cables have blue and black ends. If you mix them up, you get full functionality but no sound. Seems like what you got.

Either the cable is backwards or they have the cable going to the wrong receptical in the sat box.
He told me he has the Ipod then Sirius modules in that order. He also thought that the cables are keyed and can't be reversed. I have never seen them so I don't know but I trust the guys here on the Avic forum. Anyway I am bringing the car back to have it checked but the HU needs to be pulled out to get to it. It sure looks and sounds good in my Mustang GT though.
[quote name="mrbrent"]He told me he has the Ipod then Sirius modules in that order. He also thought that the cables are keyed and can't be reversed. [/quote]

That is not true, they absolutely can be reversed. The only "keying" is a color on the ends of the cable. And if they are backwards (or possibly plugged into the wrong receptical of the box) you get full functionality and no sound.

Since it goes Z1 then ipod then sirius, that makes sense why you get sound from the ipod and not the sirius. It's either the cable from the ipod to the sirius is backwards (most common) or it's possible that since there are 2 recepticals on the sirius box, he might have the cable plugged into the wrong one. It's one of those.
  • 10 months later...
[quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="mrbrent"]He told me he has the Ipod then Sirius modules in that order. He also thought that the cables are keyed and can't be reversed. [/quote]

That is not true, they absolutely can be reversed. The only "keying" is a color on the ends of the cable. And if they are backwards (or possibly plugged into the wrong receptical of the box) you get full functionality and no sound.

Since it goes Z1 then ipod then sirius, that makes sense why you get sound from the ipod and not the sirius. It's either the cable from the ipod to the sirius is backwards (most common) or it's possible that since there are 2 recepticals on the sirius box, he might have the cable plugged into the wrong one. It's one of those.[/quote]

i am getting sirius sound sometimes, but sometimes it just displays SIRIUS where it normally says the song info, and i cannot change the channel. sometimes it works fine. it is saying ON THE AIR, and im in manhattan so it has service. could this be the reversed cable issue?