AVIC411.com

IP-Bus Cable Question

I'm installing a Z3 in my 2007 Grand Prix. I'm hooking GEX-P10XMT, ND-BT1, CB-IB100ii, PAC-SWI-PS, Boyo VTL300 to it.

Question:

Instructions say I must have the DATA cable hooked up to the GEX-P10XMT with this Nav HU(Z3). Do I still need the IP-Bus cable hooked up too?

And if so, does the IP-Bus cable have to make a round trip back into the HU? Meaning from the HU to the GEX-P10XMT, from the GEX-P10XMT to the CB-IB100ii then back into the HU?

If not, does the IP-Bus cable STILL have to make a round trip back into the HU? In this case, from the HU to the CB-IB100ii then back into the HU?

Let's say you're hooking up your XM. You run the data cable to the HU and the IP bus out to the HU. Then to hook up your Bluetooth you run the IP bus out of the bluetooth to the IP bus in on your XM. You don't have to loop your IP bus back to the head unit.

If you don't mind my asking, have you had a chance to install it all yet? I have a Z1 installed (upgrading the software to Z3 soon..) with the GEX-P10XMT tuner, but the seller didn't send me the data cable. The XM works fine for the most part (spotty reception out here), but the NavTraffic won't work without the data cable. Thing is, when I go to the "Info" screen it says that my XM tuner isn't connected and I have no signal. (But it is, and it works. LOL) Just wondering if yours says the P10XMT is connected or not.. I figure it can't be because of the data cable, since the non-NavTraffic tuner doesn't use a data cable, only IP Bus... Hoping it's just the Z1 software and the Z3 image will fix it so I can check my signal strength while moving the antenna all around the car... (tC) I have all the same goodies except the CB-IB100ii as I don't use my iPod much..

If you don't mind my asking, have you had a chance to install it all yet? I have a Z1 installed (upgrading the software to Z3 soon..) with the GEX-P10XMT tuner, but the seller didn't send me the data cable. The XM works fine for the most part (spotty reception out here), but the NavTraffic won't work without the data cable. Thing is, when I go to the "Info" screen it says that my XM tuner isn't connected and I have no signal. (But it is, and it works. LOL) Just wondering if yours says the P10XMT is connected or not.. I figure it can't be because of the data cable, since the non-NavTraffic tuner doesn't use a data cable, only IP Bus... Hoping it's just the Z1 software and the Z3 image will fix it so I can check my signal strength while moving the antenna all around the car... (tC) I have all the same goodies except the CB-IB100ii as I don't use my iPod much..

No, I haven't started the install yet. Even though I have allready purchased everything, I'm debating on not going with this configuration. I'm considering a Drivesoft system. Still waiting for them to contact me because I have allot of questions still.

Ah, I know what you mean... If it weren't for a really really late night of internet / eBay browsing I probably would never have bought all the stuff I installed. Certainly didn't plan on spending this much on a new stereo when I bought the car. :) I'll have to take a look at the Drivesoft system.

This brings up an interesting (to me) question... If one connects the data cable *without* the IP Bus cable, would one get traffic but no XM radio? I'm thinking about that guy that has a Z2 & D3. If he could use one XM unit and have the traffic on the Z2 but the XM radio on the D3, that would be pretty cool.