AVIC411.com

Loud (and annoying) speaker pop

I'm in the process of installing a Z3 in a 2001 Saab 9-5. I kept the factory amp and speakers. Sounds great, except for when I turn it off--there's a loud pop in the speakers. I am a DIY-er, not an audio expert, so please don't be overly technical in any replies.

I'm also having a problem with the illum wire; Saab doesn't have any such thing in the factory harness. A previous post suggested tapping into the headlight switch, but I like using the Saab's default mode of keeping headlights on all the time. I realize my only option may be to wire a separate switch, but wondered if anyone had any brilliant ideas out there. Is there a photocell type switch I could wire into or maybe get in the aftermarket?

Thanks for any help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

My Saab also has day lights on all the time. I did the headlight connection for illumination, and now I can manually switch between day and night mode. I have added this "button" to the quick buttons, so it takes two "touches" to switch mode.

If anyone reads this and knows where to easily tap into the reverse signal light wire without routing wire all the way back, please reply to this post or pm me.

• 1 month later...

I have the (not so loud) speaker pop issue in my Saab, now that I am using an amplifier. I will try installing something in the amplifier-on wire and see if it helps.

About the illumination wire issue. Since my lights are on at all times, I have connected my illumination wire to the acc wire and switch between automatic illumination (always night mode in my case) and day-mode using the quick menu icon.

• 2 weeks later...