AVIC411.com

Mazda 3 installation question

does anyone know if best buy will do the installation of a D3 or F90bt on my mazda 3

im wondering cuz i think i would need a dash kits and not sure if a place like best buy or circuit city will do it

you'd hafta buy the dash kit and bring it to them to even have a chance at them installing it. i had somethin liek that happen to me, i didnt feel like installing the avic so i called an audio store and for 10 minutes i was arguing wit the guy cuz he didnt believe that there was a dash kit for the 8.

As with any shop, ask if they are MECP certified, and how long they have been working there. Both Circuit and Best Buy would be able to order the kit, but it would be cheaper to find one on ebay.

You will find great installers and horrible ones, no matter where you go. Three years experience is minimum in my book.

As with any shop, ask if they are MECP certified, and how long they have been working there. Both Circuit and Best Buy would be able to order the kit, but it would be cheaper to find one on ebay.

You will find great installers and horrible ones, no matter where you go. Three years experience is minimum in my book.

very true on good and bad installers. some1 i know had a D3 installed in an expedition, & the guy completely half-assed it. he didnt use the right mounting brackets, he chopped up the inside of the dash, and he didnt even install one of the connectors!!

but dont places like CC and best buy only use what the stores carry in stock?

If you bring them some crappy wal mart kit, when they have the better one, they will refuse to use those parts.

On that expedition, if it's an older one, there are modifications that need to be done, and not all stock connectors are used.

:lol: idk how it is by you but with the audio stuff walmarts over here carry, id be shocked if they carried any custom piece like that....their most prized item is like a jensen lcd flip-up. im not rly sure of the yr for the exp but when i opened it up the guy used thin l-shaped copper tabs, and mounted it with them. idk im sure you have a good point wit the mods needed jus it was a very messy job. and i meant the connector 2 on the avic.