AVIC411.com

D3 Won't Start/Reset Problem

I've had my D3 for quite some time now, and as a unit I love it. I originally had it installed in a 2001 Honda Accord. It was in there for about 3 weeks and I didn't have any problems.

I have since moved it into a 97 Maxima. Occasionally(every 10-16 days) the unit won't start when I turn the car on. To fix it I either have to wait and let the the thing going itself, or open up the dash and "shake" some wire.

This has been happening since mid-March, so a few weeks ago, I thought maybe there was too much behind the dash and it was over heating. So I went in shortened up the wires, tighten up the connections, and moved my bluetooth module out from behind the dash, to give it more breathing room.

That seemed to work until recently, when the problem started again.

The connections are very solid, so I'm thinking it's one of two things.

1-It's too hot behind there and I need to get some better ventilation

or

2-My remote starter is messing with the radio

I thought it was the starter before so I stopped using it, but then I had the problem again, although it took some time before it happened again.

My questions now are has anyone else had this problem?

If you did, and fixed it, how?

It's still under warranty so I could get a new one, but if I don't have to I'd rather not.

Please help because it's really annoying to reconfigure my audio all the time.