AVIC411.com

Region disk question with AVIC-D1

If you are in the west region, and you insert the east region disk (which does not overlap into your state) What will the screen say and look like?

I just want to make sure my unit isnt damaged. I assumed there was no navi disk because it kept telling me to insert the appropriate disk, never spit one out, and also felt odd when I tried to enter a burned one. This was because there was in fact a disk after all. It just cant eject it (makes a loud noise before giving up) Anyway you can pull it out if you have tweezers or long nails. The factory disk is badly scratched up, but I would assume still readable. Im just worried that there may be a laser issue too if theres a loading eject issue.

As far as loading goes, you have to forceably push it in. Never tries to grab it and take it for you. And when it recognizes it, it tries to eat your hand by folding the display back up. And I cant test if it functions with a burned DVD because for some reason no one sells DVD-R DLs and I cant fit it onto a normal DVD, even though that BG sticky claims you can. Only way I could was by deleting random files in the same folder as the ones suggested, so when it wouldnt read, I just assumed that was why.

• 2 weeks later...