AVIC411.com

GMOS04 Trouble Avic D3 2004 Bose Tahoe

Hello everyone. I am fairly new to the site but have been searching around for awhile before deciding on the D3 for my 2004 Tahoe LT with bose and onstar. I decided to order from Crutchfield about a month ago and the installation has definately been a PITA. I have done several installs before and this one didn't seem much harder, just a little more time consuming. I initially hooked everything up and when the head unit powers on I can hear sound from the Tahoe's speakers up to about half of the volume I would expect to get when at full volume. After this point it turns to a popping noise. I have messed with the pot meter and I can tell that it is working properly, but once the music reaches a certain volume, approximately 50% of full volume the sound turns to a clicking, popping, or noise similar to a cd scratching. Once I turn the pot meter or the volume on the head unit down a certain amount the music resumes normally, just not very loud. I spoke with the Crutchfield tech support and they determined the Metra GMOS04 must be bad and rushed me out a new one. I replaced the harness and box as soon as it arrived and I am receiving the same problem. They are in the process of getting me another box, but I am skeptical something else is going on. Is something wrong with my Bose Amp? Any suggestions on things to try?

On a side note, I have tried using a line out converter with the same results, as well as a different head unit with the same results. I have basically narrowed it down to either the bose amp or the Metra GMOS04.

I will also list what I have for a setup:

-AVIC-D3x (includes bluetooth box and ipod cable)

-PAC SWI-PS (functions great)

-Metra GMOS-04 (iffy...?)

I'm assuming you adjusted the gain control next to where the harness plugs in, not the one on the side.

Sounds like you do not have bose, and are trying to play all your speakers off the preouts of the deck.

No bose would be a gmos-01.

Was there a factory deck in it before working? Maybe someone previously bypassed the bose amp under the center console.

I was adjusting the dial next to the connector, so I think I'm good there. I've had the console apart where the amp is located and it doesn't appear anything has been relocated. It did have the factory deck prior to my install. I'm nearly positive it was the bose system since it has an amp under the console, and it has the bose emblems on the doors. Anything else you can think to check?

I was adjusting the dial next to the connector, so I think I'm good there. I've had the console apart where the amp is located and it doesn't appear anything has been relocated. It did have the factory deck prior to my install. I'm nearly positive it was the bose system since it has an amp under the console, and it has the bose emblems on the doors. Anything else you can think to check?

have you tried turning the gain all the way down???

Turned the gain all the way down and no sound can be heard. Turn it up a little bit and it works all the way up to max volume but it's not very loud. I keep cranking the pot meter and eventually it starts clicking. The issue is it's not getting loud enough before it starts popping.

I had the same problem in my Escalade.....bottom line is GMOS-04 Suxxxxx. I rewired my trcuk and every truck that is a GM with Bose i do also. I have done a bunch of denali's..... I dont use onstar so i dont care.

idk what gmos-04 is, but it seems like a gm kinda thing lol. looks like u may hafta rip out the bose and put in aftermarket speakers....unless some1 has a solution.. :roll:

I put the pioneer amp and componant speakers in the doors and the tweets that come with them fit perfectly on the trim where the fact. tweets are on the trim by the windshield. My truck is LOOOUUUDDD and very clear.

Pioneer TS-D1720C are the model number for the Pioneer componant speakers 6-3/4. They come with crossovers also. They are the truth. In the rear doors I have Kicker Door speakers 5-1/2

155925985_722855.gif

Glitter Graphics

151325870_641734.gif

Build your own Blingee

155925985_722855.gif

Glitter Graphics

By the way anybody need a PAC-SWI-PS steering wheel button control interface. I didnt use mine so its up for grabs. I will put it in the classified section of Avic411 tommorrow.

I put the pioneer amp and componant speakers in the doors and the tweets that come with them fit perfectly on the trim where the fact. tweets are on the trim by the windshield. My truck is LOOOUUUDDD and very clear.

Pioneer TS-D1720C are the model number for the Pioneer componant speakers 6-3/4. They come with crossovers also. They are the truth. In the rear doors I have Kicker Door speakers 5-1/2

155925985_722855.gif

Glitter Graphics

151325870_641734.gif

Build your own Blingee

155925985_722855.gif

Glitter Graphics

By the way anybody need a PAC-SWI-PS steering wheel button control interface. I didnt use mine so its up for grabs. I will put it in the classified section of Avic411 tommorrow.

thanks for the info, Lu Scola. by the way did you ever build that custom box to display everything under your seat? im eager to see how itll look :shock:

and how much for the swi-ps?

I have the wood part cut out, but havent had time to fiberglass and paint it yet. I definitly am not feeling like it with this little heat wave in Maryland, but I guess it dont matter, it will be a looong summer coming soon.

lol ya i feel ya its been high 90s in ny. as for the swi-ps, it wouldnt be for me itd be for a friend of myne hes got an o5 maxima. so whatever number u throw out ill run it by him