AVIC411.com

Which of these two mounting kits?

Car: 2001 Honda Prelude

Radio: Pioneer AVIC-F90BT

Metra makes two kits that it says will work... the 95-7801 and the 99-7801

Now I don't see any real visual difference between the two, and the instructions are exactly the same for both. My question is, does it actually matter which I go with? Does one have a better fitment than the other? My gut tells me there's no difference (for my application at least) but I just need to make sure.

I never used a mounting kit with my D3, just the black trim bezel that came with the radio, and that left some gaps. I've seen double DIN units installed in the same car as mine using the metra kit and it looks great, so I want to do it right this time.

Car: 2001 Honda Prelude

Radio: Pioneer AVIC-F90BT

Metra makes two kits that it says will work... the 95-7801 and the 99-7801

Now I don't see any real visual difference between the two, and the instructions are exactly the same for both. My question is, does it actually matter which I go with? Does one have a better fitment than the other? My gut tells me there's no difference (for my application at least) but I just need to make sure.

I never used a mounting kit with my D3, just the black trim bezel that came with the radio, and that left some gaps. I've seen double DIN units installed in the same car as mine using the metra kit and it looks great, so I want to do it right this time.

the only difference is the 95-7801 will fit in acuras and hondas, and the 99-7801 will only fit in hondas. there is a difference between the 2 but not a big enough difference to affect the fitment in ur prelude. but go with the 99-7801 just to be on the safe side

I have a GMC Envoy. Do I need a mount kit to install the AVIC-F90BT or will it just install on it's own?

Thanks

if you have a slot for a double din its possible you can use the stock mounting brackets...i know for sure thats how it is in the 02-3 lancer. but itd still be a good idea to buy a radio waring harness for your car so you dont hafta hardwire into your factory harness.

but goto www.metraonline.com and see what they have to offer for your car.