AVIC411.com

Ok, Just got my new Boyo Cam in, have a quick question. I know that the camera has to be hooked up reverse input in the power harness (violet/white wire) but is the only connection to be made, other than the ground and video input. Does this reverse input provide the 12v B+ to power the camera. Thanks in advance.

The camera doesn't 'have' to be connected to that wire. But a line from the reverse lights that has 12v when reverse is applied does.

The camera could be powered off the ACC wire so you could also use the 'rear camera view' while driving.

But no, the violet/white does not provide voltage, it senses 12v.

Gotcha,

My reverse input is currently hooked up to the reverse trigger from the pac harness I installed (08 Ram with CanBus). So just hook the B+ to a acc and the D3 will automatically switch when I put my truck in reverse. Thanks for the help, im not usually that knuckleheaded when it comes to wiring stuff, just not to familiar with the backup cam and the D3 manual is kinda misleading.