AVIC411.com

Z3 image questions

First I want to thank all who made this Z3 image upgrade possible.

I bought a 60GB toshiba drive (unlocked). I followed all the amazing information on this forum and had it up and running with the new Z3 image in about 1 hour. So far it seems to be working. We will see over the next few days how it holds up.

I have a couple of questions.

I want to get the music off my original z1 HD.

1. Can I image the original Z1 drive and then restore the music partition to the 60GB tosh. dr?

If so must I first unlock the original z1 drive (since I can't see it on my pc)? Will unlocking the original HD hurt the drive or the integrity of the original image?

2. Can I put the original z1 drive back in the Avic? Will it still work as is or will that cause problems when I reinsert the new 60 GB HD.

3. How do I increase the music space? Do I just reallocate unused space to the music partition using Acronis? Should I restore my original music partition then increase the space?

First I want to thank all who made this Z3 image upgrade possible.

I bought a 60GB toshiba drive (unlocked). I followed all the amazing information on this forum and had it up and running with the new Z3 image in about 1 hour. So far it seems to be working. We will see over the next few days how it holds up.

I have a couple of questions.

I want to get the music off my original z1 HD.

1. Can I image the original Z1 drive and then restore the music partition to the 60GB tosh. dr?

If so must I first unlock the original z1 drive (since I can't see it on my pc)? Will unlocking the original HD hurt the drive or the integrity of the original image?

2. Can I put the original z1 drive back in the Avic? Will it still work as is or will that cause problems when I reinsert the new 60 GB HD.

3. How do I increase the music space? Do I just reallocate unused space to the music partition using Acronis? Should I restore my original music partition then increase the space?

1. Yes

2. Yes, no problem to switch back and forth.

3. I use Acronis, and resote 1 partition at a time. The music partion is the third partition. Just be sure to leave the correct space for the 4th partition (USER).