AVIC411.com

Bypass clarification - please help

I am a little confused and need some clarification please. I have been reading as much as I can on these forums and trying to put it all together but not sure if I did everything correctly.

I have the Z2 (arrived yesterday). Connected it up on the bench (still waiting on the dash kit) – wanted to make sure it powered up as it is a used one. Everything seems to work fine. I then found the bypass file and followed the instruction with the cd update (http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8783) – no errors.

My question is about the two wire bypass – there was a link in the directions to another page that talks about “flashing the headlights†and two wire connection. Please can someone explain this to me.

After I did the update, I had the light green wire grounded and all the functions seem to be working. So what is this two wire stuff about or does it only refer to the Z1?

Any other things I should look at? I am also going to be installing XM and Bluetooth, should arrive next week.

Also, am I correct in saying that MP3 files cannot be loaded on to the system without removing the hard drive and unlocking it? They play fine and all the titles are there, but can’t seem to record. Am I also correct in saying that you can only record one song at a time from a regular music CD – (wav file)?

I know, I am still new at this and might be asking questions that have already been answered, but I am getting there.

Thanks

:?:

I am a little confused and need some clarification please. I have been reading as much as I can on these forums and trying to put it all together but not sure if I did everything correctly.

I have the Z2 (arrived yesterday). Connected it up on the bench (still waiting on the dash kit) – wanted to make sure it powered up as it is a used one. Everything seems to work fine. I then found the bypass file and followed the instruction with the cd update (http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8783) – no errors.

My question is about the two wire bypass – there was a link in the directions to another page that talks about “flashing the headlights†and two wire connection. Please can someone explain this to me.

After I did the update, I had the light green wire grounded and all the functions seem to be working. So what is this two wire stuff about or does it only refer to the Z1?

Any other things I should look at? I am also going to be installing XM and Bluetooth, should arrive next week.

Also, am I correct in saying that MP3 files cannot be loaded on to the system without removing the hard drive and unlocking it? They play fine and all the titles are there, but can’t seem to record. Am I also correct in saying that you can only record one song at a time from a regular music CD – (wav file)?

I know, I am still new at this and might be asking questions that have already been answered, but I am getting there.

Thanks

:?:

the flashing headlights refers to early z1's (prejune 06). u should be fine with the 2 wire bypass but you wont know if it was done correctly until ur moving it.

yes ur correct about the mp3s

yes and no....it does one song at a time untill its done with the whole cd

Just to clarify, on the two wire bypass, this would be done on the conncetor labeled #2 ?

If that is the case, no wonder I am having problem - the dude I bought the unit from did not send this connector to me.

If I do need that connector, anyone know where I can get one from?

Just to clarify, on the two wire bypass, this would be done on the conncetor labeled #2 ?

If that is the case, no wonder I am having problem - the dude I bought the unit from did not send this connector to me.

If I do need that connector, anyone know where I can get one from?

itds the one opposite of it. and ebay

Now I am more confused - let me try and explain what I am seeing and tell me if I am correct.

On the back of my Z2 there are three connectors labeled "power supply", "connector 1" and "connector 2 ". The power supply connector is where all the wires are for the speaker, illumination, ground etc. Connector 1 has RCA jacks for audio input/output and video input. CONNECTOR 2 is the one that I am missing - I am guessing that this is the one that I would need to complete the bypass by inserting a wire in the empty slot to make the ground? Is that correct?

Now I am more confused - let me try and explain what I am seeing and tell me if I am correct.

On the back of my Z2 there are three connectors labeled "power supply", "connector 1" and "connector 2 ". The power supply connector is where all the wires are for the speaker, illumination, ground etc. Connector 1 has RCA jacks for audio input/output and video input. CONNECTOR 2 is the one that I am missing - I am guessing that this is the one that I would need to complete the bypass by inserting a wire in the empty slot to make the ground? Is that correct?

whichever one has the black and yellow wire on it. if some1 else can verify which one, im drawing blank right now. u take the black and yellow wire, pull it out of its slot and put it in the one directly above it....and then you ground it with the parking break wire.

I fianlly managed to get it going - so here is the deal:

I don't have the connecting plug for Connector 2 on the back of the Z2 unit. I tried 4 different installation shops in the area, checked their box of connectors to no avail - so I get home and realize that I have a 4 pin connector from my lithium battery (I fly model planes/helis) and it looks to be the same size. So I cut the connect from the old lithium, use just the last wire as described http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html#newbypass

and everything works - guess I will just use it in the mean time until I get the original from Pioneer. Also want a backup camera so I will need the original.

Word of advice to anyone trying to remove their radio from a Sonata - the 4 screws that hold the radio in seem to have loctite on them - I managed to get 3 off and the 4th one striped the head, fortunately I was able to get a dremmel in there and cut the head so that I could use a flat head screw driver.

Thanks to all for their help and thank you

CatchMeIfYouCan631

for your help - great place for info.