AVIC411.com

problem with my new n3

hey guys im new to this site! i just purchased avic n3 and love it! THE kid i purchased it from kinda had it set up weird when he installed it! he has a relay to bypass my parking break! i installed it how he had it set up just to see if it would work! and it did for the first couple of times! i get a problem screen for my parking break but i can put a dvd in burned or not and it acts normal but i can hear the movie but it doesnt come up on the screen it just has a screen that i can pause the movie or play it or go next !? is this an easy fix or any ideas on what it might be? i want to get this to work without breaking my factory seal if possible! any input would help thanks!

hey guys im new to this site! i just purchased avic n3 and love it! THE kid i purchased it from kinda had it set up weird when he installed it! he has a relay to bypass my parking break! i installed it how he had it set up just to see if it would work! and it did for the first couple of times! i get a problem screen for my parking break but i can put a dvd in burned or not and it acts normal but i can hear the movie but it doesnt come up on the screen it just has a screen that i can pause the movie or play it or go next !? is this an easy fix or any ideas on what it might be? i want to get this to work without breaking my factory seal if possible! any input would help thanks!

all monitor units do that, where theyll play the audio and no video...it means the bypass isnt working. you hafta redo it and if by factory seal u mean warranty, technically no you cant do it without voiding it, but you can change the wires back to normal before sending it back

i think my friend showed me a picture from this form before i baught it that showed how to bypass it and it showed that you have to peel off a sticker on the bottom i think maybe the top of the deck itself and get inside of the deck and switch a jumper! if i peel that back wont the warrenty be voided when i do that?

• 1 month later...

yes, use a small paperclip. bend the end of the paperclip in an L shape, but the bent portiononly needs to be a few mm in length. Then insert it through the hole next to the sticker and feel for a switch. It will move side to side and you will feel it when it swithes. Then all you have to do is put a switch on the parking brake lead and just flip the switch to make it think the parking brake is on at all times. Reason you have to flip the switch is because the navi will tell the unit that you are moving. The switch puts it in display/demo mode. Of course you still have to put a switch in so that you can bypass the extra procaution they made. Hope that helps, if it isnt too late and you peeled the sticket back.

• 1 month later...

wow, there isnt a switch....i guess they figured out that we were just flipping it. i just had my n3 installed in my new truck by a local custom audio shop and they soldered something inside so it plays dvd's while driving all the time, without having the toggle switch to make the unit think the parking brake was set. works great. of course now my warranty is probably voided.