AVIC411.com

Map data time stamp in F900BT

when I go to the about menu it shows the maps dated 10/2007, but then in parenthesis it says 2008311, so I assume that means either march, 2008 or else oct 2007.

I think I seen someone ask that question I didn't see an answer though so thought it would be a good fyi.

Either way that sounds pretty up to date to me, I know that seems to be the most recent maps available.

At least something is good about buying a new Avic eh? I think I read on their website they will be putting out new map discs next month for the D3, wonder if they will include new system updates as well as map updates.

So are all these bugs and the fixes that are coming only for the f90bt which is what we are hearing about so much or is it for the entire lineup?

Yeah I changed my voice to the chick today and heard that, it really is just weird, my guess is someone made the text to speech think the . was a , so instead of saying 1 point miles, its one comma.

Yeah no doubt, they rushed it to market a little too quick. But my guess is they were relying on the fact they can do firmware updates.

They do this a lot with games, its what they call day one patch. They release it to market unfinished to set the market and put out a patch to address the big issues asap.

The unit works overall, which is what I think they intended but yes definately a lot of fit and finish polishing needs to be done. These are definately NOT a finished product, kind of like what Microsoft did with Vista.

These are definately NOT a finished product, kind of like what Microsoft did with Vista.

Yeah, because that definitely worked really well for them. No company purposefully releases a flawed product. If they don't have good R&D and QA processes in place then consumers end up doing a lot of the bug fixing for them, but that's definitely not how you want to release products.

That's one of the big differences between a company like Apple and Microsoft or Pioneer.