AVIC411.com

Avic-F700BT installed 6/19.... good news

After all the reading on the website, I was actually scared on how my Avic was going to turn out. There were so many problems that people had I was nervous mine would turn out like crap. I even thought that the post about the guy with a good Avic was someone from Pioneer trying to cover their ass. I'll try to compare some of the problems with my unit.

1) Voice saying comma instead of point. I guess I am lucky because my lady says point.... *6/20: My lady said "One comma 3 miles" Maybe when it is over 1 mile, she says comma and under, she says point.

2) GPS off by a lot. My GPS is only off by about 10 feet... not bad by my standards. The install guy said I didn't have a VSS wire, but it shouldn't be a problem because of some rear wire.

3) Bluetooth sounds bad. I'm still not sure about this one, but I think when I turn down the volume, the sound comes in clearer on the other end. The sound in the car is nice though.

4) Start up time is 2 to 3 minutes. For my avic, the start up time is about 1 minute. Music starts playing anywhere from 15-30 seconds... closer to 15.

5) Ipod error message. This one was a little tricky... I did get this message and wasn't sure how to make it go away. However, I think when the Avic starts in FM mode and then you change it to Ipod mode, that error doesn't occur. I tried this twice and it worked fine.

Am I forgetting anything else? Remember this is only my first day with this unit, but I hope not to jinx it!!! During the daytime, it was a little hard to see because of the sun, but I'm wondering if I can get a protection/anti-glare screen.

DSC00985.jpg[/img]

That's good news..

I'm waiting to get my F90BT for my Civc also, where do you install the mic? and why don't you connect VSS since its pretty easy to get to from the wire behind the radio I think..

Thanks

After all the reading on the website, I was actually scared on how my Avic was going to turn out. There were so many problems that people had I was nervous mine would turn out like crap. I even thought that the post about the guy with a good Avic was someone from Pioneer trying to cover their ass. I'll try to compare some of the problems with my unit.

1) Voice saying comma instead of point. I guess I am lucky because my lady says point.

2) GPS off by a lot. My GPS is only off by about 10 feet... not bad by my standards. The install guy said I didn't have a VSS wire, but it shouldn't be a problem because of some rear wire.

3) Bluetooth sounds bad. I'm still not sure about this one, but I think when I turn down the volume, the sound comes in clearer on the other end. The sound in the car is nice though.

4) Start up time is 2 to 3 minutes. For my avic, the start up time is about 1 minute. Music starts playing anywhere from 15-30 seconds... closer to 15.

5) Ipod error message. This one was a little tricky... I did get this message and wasn't sure how to make it go away. However, I think when the Avic starts in FM mode and then you change it to Ipod mode, that error doesn't occur. I tried this twice and it worked fine.

Am I forgetting anything else? Remember this is only my first day with this unit, but I hope not to jinx it!!! During the daytime, it was a little hard to see because of the sun, but I'm wondering if I can get a protection/anti-glare screen.

DSC00985.jpg[/img]

The installer installed the mic near the sunroof control. I think he said there wasn't a vss wire... As long as my navi doesn't make major distance errors, I don't think it will be a problem. I also thought I read somewhere that the 700bt doesn't have a vss wire. I don't know though.

Thanks, did you get the steering wheel control PAC-SW? btw, on 8thcivic, I found a DIY to find the VSS from behind the unit in case you need to locate it in the future.

The installer installed the mic near the sunroof control. I think he said there wasn't a vss wire... As long as my navi doesn't make major distance errors, I don't think it will be a problem. I also thought I read somewhere that the 700bt doesn't have a vss wire. I don't know though.

I did get the steering wheel control installed. There is a lag issue there, but I guess I will have to live with that. The one thing I don't like is that one of the controls just changes the station to the immediate next one. I wish i could change it to the next preset station.

Thanks, did you get the steering wheel control PAC-SW? btw, on 8thcivic, I found a DIY to find the VSS from behind the unit in case you need to locate it in the future.

I did get the steering wheel control installed. There is a lag issue there, but I guess I will have to live with that. The one thing I don't like is that one of the controls just changes the station to the immediate next one. I wish i could change it to the next preset station.

It is programmable to change presets I have it set on mine and it works fine. Only thing is, when in cd mode, it will not change to the next track. But I can live with that.

Can you tel me how to program that please?

It is programmable to change presets I have it set on mine and it works fine. Only thing is, when in cd mode, it will not change to the next track. But I can live with that.

Pretty much every single car has a vehicle speed sensor. Thats how you are able to tell your speed. For him to tell you that bull$hit is redicolous! He was just being a LAZY A$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think there's some confusion here... :wink:

It's the F700BT that doesn't have a Vss input. The F900 does, that's one of the differences.....