AVIC411.com

I have an avic-d2 connected to my 06 grand cherokee however when i first powered it up nothing happened, the unit will not turn on. I double checked my connections and everything is correct. However on the wiring harness i purchesed there were 2 power wires and 2 groud wires does it matter that i connected my d2 to just one of the power wires and one of the gound?
Did you use the red wire in that harness? That will cause your problem. Newer chrysler products, like gms, use a dataline to tell the radio when to turn on. What you'll have to do is splice a wire into either the ignition harness or the cig plug that loses power when the key is off to get the avic to turn on and off properly.
Also, you need to use a module to keep the databus intact, because it runs through the radio. The new Chrysler products use a can-bus data sharing system, which can cause some major problems if interrupted. In a worst case scenario, the Magnum, Charger, and 300c will shut down the oil pressure circuit and the crank trigger. Use a Peripheral CHYAH05 to add a head unit into your Jeep without issue.
The Peripheral part will also give you VSS, reverse wire, parking brake and illumination wires. Makes it real easy to install a nav unit, since finding a VSS wire in the Chrysler can-bus system can be difficult, if not impossible on some cars....
It's available from Peripheral Electronics and AAMP of America. [url=http://peripheralelectronics.com/web/onstar.asp]http://peripheralelectronics.com/web/onstar.asp[/url]
They have a bunch of interfaces that, simply, make our lives as installers much easier.