AVIC411.com

nd-bc20pa pics and setup finally!!

hay all i asked my bud if i could borrow his 06 megacab because all these people keep pming me about his camera. he said sure so heres what i got

this truck is sick. avic-z2, vizualogic headrest screens (cut in, not dorp in), diamond amps, memphis speakers, kicker subs, blue led kit, bluetooth, xtra dvd player (from when he had a d3), and its lifted and custom painted. exaust sounds tough too!

so the camera is identical to the nd-bc20. on dodge trucks withe the large tailgate handle you can unbolt the inner tailgae skin and remove the handle itself. i basically cut an upside down "U" shape into the handle until the camera fit. no other camera will fit here that i know of.

its pointed so you can see the ballhitch.

picture351ly2.jpg

Picture350.jpg

the difference between the normal and the pa is this box. it has one more connection (for the retarded little 4 button switch)

Picture353.jpg

so once your all installed. you will have to do a lengthy setup for this bad boy. basically you need to find a parking spot with clearly visible lines then park with the camera facing it squarely. i also hooked up a switch with diodes to the reverse input just to make programming easier.

once your parked and in setup the first step is to take a "snapshot". basically the camera records a still image for reference while your adjusting it.

Picture366.jpg

Picture367.jpg

from there you can adjust things like horizontal center, vertical height, rotation, witdth of the parking lines, its crazy how much you can adjust it!!

heres a bunch of pics of me going through the setup but i wont explain em too much

Picture368.jpg

Picture369.jpg

Picture370.jpg

Picture371.jpg

Picture372.jpg

Picture373.jpg

Picture374.jpg

Picture375.jpg

Picture376.jpg

Picture377.jpg

then after youve gone step by step you can re adjust anything you want with this menu

Picture378.jpg

so basically this is what u get.

Picture349.jpg

then press the "mode" button and it switches to a sweet top down view of the rear

Picture362.jpg

i used speakers and dew bottles to measure the distance on the lines. the green line is 15ft from the hitch, the yellow is 7 and the red is 3 ft away. these can all be adjusted through the settings.

ive got a car to do now ill edit this laters.

• 6 months later...