AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 not turning on HELP 911!!!!!

Ok i bought my D3 a few months ago it was working fine i did the bypass and everything was going great. Yesterday i tried to search for a nearby starbucks and noticed all my search buttons were not working. I couldnt select any of them. I thought maybe there was something wrong with the bypass so opened it up and was checking the wiring nothing disconnected or anything. I decided to check it later and as i put it back into its place it just shut off no sound no lights nothing what so ever I need help please!!!!

Ok i bought my D3 a few months ago it was working fine i did the bypass and everything was going great. Yesterday i tried to search for a nearby starbucks and noticed all my search buttons were not working. I couldnt select any of them. I thought maybe there was something wrong with the bypass so opened it up and was checking the wiring nothing disconnected or anything. I decided to check it later and as i put it back into its place it just shut off no sound no lights nothing what so ever I need help please!!!!

did you have to force it bak in place? it sounds like a pinched wire. take it out, check your connections, make sure its all good and check the fuse on the bak of the unit too.

Yeah i did i kinda forced it in there. I checked the fuse in the back and one that controls the stereo in the fuse box below and they were both ok. I read yesterday to check all the fuses and i havent done that yet. What did you mean by a pinched wire? do you think something could have happened to it internally? I didnt bang it in or anything not i just gave it a little push.

First thing you need to do is get a circuit tester and verify that power is getting to your D3 and check the fuse. It sounds to me that you either blew a fuse or disconnected a cable. Let me know the results. If still you have not figured out the problem, let me know and we will try something else.

Yeah i did i kinda forced it in there. I checked the fuse in the back and one that controls the stereo in the fuse box below and they were both ok. I read yesterday to check all the fuses and i havent done that yet. What did you mean by a pinched wire? do you think something could have happened to it internally? I didnt bang it in or anything not i just gave it a little push.

a pinched wire is where it gets caught between something and either causes a break in the wire or stops the current completely. it happened to me back when i did my first stereo install. one example would be if your yellow wire (constant+) or your red wire (12vpower) got pinched against a metal surface and is causing a short. check every wire out.

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!!!!!!! It was just a fuse thank god i was thinking i had to replace it all....but thanks for all the helpto all u guys

Glad to hear you are good to go. We all knew it was something along those lines.