AVIC411.com

2006/2007 Lincoln zephyr/mkz?

i worked on a 2006 lincoln zephyr n it is possible to put a z1 in it. u just gotta find the right kit. the 1 i worked on had a thx certified system wit factory nav, it was pretty bad-ass. the weird thing is, wen i got behind the radio, it had a chrysler antenna (cr-10) and a chrysler wire harness (80-6502). but if u hav the kit it shouldn't b a problem itz iso-mounted.
[quote name="ricerocket21x"]i worked on a 2006 lincoln zephyr n it is possible to put a z1 in it. u just gotta find the right kit. the 1 i worked on had a thx certified system wit factory nav, it was pretty bad-ass. the weird thing is, wen i got behind the radio, it had a chrysler antenna (cr-10) and a chrysler wire harness (80-6502). but if u hav the kit it shouldn't ba problem itz iso-mounted.[/quote]

Okay cool I plan on buying this pre-paid installation thing [url=http://www.crutchfield.com/S-mcMwM790a7t/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=597421000]http://www.crutchfield.com/S-mcMwM790a7 ... =597421000[/url] whenever I do get the avic z1, maybe some time next year or in the fall. So I hope the installer knows what to do because I don't want my car damaged. Did the avic z1 look good in the zephyr? Thanks again, God Bless.
Yes it looks stock. As mentioned before the harness and antenna adaptorare chrysler parts. The kit, I'll have to check work tomorrow for the part number but it's a ord double din kit. Actually some of the guys here have probably used it for the newer f150s and such.
[quote name="cntrylvr79"]Yes it looks stock. As mentioned before the harness and antenna adaptorare chrysler parts. The kit, I'll have to check work tomorrow for the part number but it's a ord double din kit. Actually some of the guys here have probably used it for the newer f150s and such.[/quote]

Oh okay cool, so should I still do the pre-paid installation thing from crutchfield to do a professional installation, or should I take it to somewhere like circuit city and they'll do a good job? Thanks and God Bless.
THe part # is 99-5802. As for taking it to be installed, might want to talk to whomever you're looking to have put it in first and make sure that they're going to do all that should be done. Such as hooking up the vss, reverse, and illumination. You can also see if they do the bypass for you. I know circuit and best buy cannot do that though.
[quote name="cntrylvr79"]THe part # is 99-5802. As for taking it to be installed, might want to talk to whomever you're looking to have put it in first and make sure that they're going to do all that should be done. Such as hooking up the vss, reverse, and illumination. You can also see if they do the bypass for you. I know circuit and best buy cannot do that though.[/quote]

Okay I really don't need the bypass, I may get it later in the year (z1). But I want everything installed to get a great gps signal. I also want the navtraffic and back up camera if it's possible to install that.