AVIC411.com

i returned my F90BT and could not be happier

the now defunked HD-DVD that came in the brown cases doesn't count, since it played the VHS part this time and it lost

I'd say HD-DVD was more like Betamax... and blu-ray is like VHS... if we're going with that analogy. :lol:

I was going more for the Sony Betamax which was the better format loosing to VHS which was a lesser format. The trick then was Sony came out at 1.5Hrs a tape and VHS being a smaller media could fit 2Hrs in a cassette. One VHS, one movie. Then upped the vewing time by slowing the tape speed, loosing more quality. This time Sony used better format and lots of content and money.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[michaelgates"]

You guys are obviously not computer guys

Sorry to name drop but I worked on the first 8080 through Intel® Core™2 Quad PC and Servers.

You can't just add a blue ray drive in a laptop or Head unit and expect it to play Blue ray movies. Try lookup video decoding processors, HDCP, or even DRM.

I memtioned that in one of my posts. But to use your statment, you can't add a DVD drive to a PC or Laptop and just play movies. That takes the same type hardware, firmware, and software.

So stop beating up on Microsoft.

Kinda taking it personal. In or out of the industry, Microsoft bashing is everyones right. I think it's the 3.11 amendment.

Thank you Bill, we are going to miss you

Not as much as we do Andy

I have Vista on 2 machines, and I don't have any problems. I know quite a bit about computers, and I haven't had any problems with Vista. I've never had to "fight" to get it working. I have a laptop that came with Vista, and I installed Vista from an OEM disk. Both computers run fine. The only problem I have with my computer comes from dust in my case, my very old & slow video card not keeping up with the games I play, and my wireless net connection dropping connection from time to time. None of my problems with my computer can be attributed to Vista. Each machine runs on average for 2-3 weeks before being rebooted.

I also find it annoying how people like to beat up Microsoft every chance they get. Yes, Microsoft deserves some of it, but people's vehemence tends to out weigh reality.

edit: on a side note, I actually do think I'm getting less spyware on my main comp than when it was running XP. Could be just Spybot getting better or it could be Vista helping out.