AVIC411.com

Labeling the library

Im confused on what people do, i burn cds and mixes into the pioneer Z's library. What do people label them as? When i scroll through the library it is always as title. I label all my cds in the title as the artist. I find that if i click search then artist i have so many listings and its so confusing, but then i dont have anywhere to put in the cd name. If i put the cd name in the title and artist name in the artist section,then i wont see the artist name when i just scroll through with title. Should i be putting cd name in title section and artist in the artist setion?

When I burn a CD and its a mix of different songs, I just give the CD a name that closely reflects the music.

Then I go to the Albums side and edit the Album name to have it match for voice commands.

I dont know if thats what you are looking for.. but thats it in a nutshell..

Old

what do you put the album name as? Also when you click library is the search always in title or album? What about a regular cd burnt not from store so it does not do gracenote. I labeled the artist name under title because i can search it easier than doing artist. In artist there is like 100s of names in there and in title i only have like 36 cds.

Dont feel like the lone ranger. I am confused also. I have put 2 cd's in so far and they are in 2 different folders ( took me a minute to figure out where the second one went, lol) both were homebrews so I had to enter the info manually. I have yet to burn a factory cd. Sure wish someone with patience would make a how to for dummies with screen shots. :roll:

Dont feel like the lone ranger. I am confused also. I have put 2 cd's in so far and they are in 2 different folders ( took me a minute to figure out where the second one went, lol) both were homebrews so I had to enter the info manually. I have yet to burn a factory cd. Sure wish someone with patience would make a how to for dummies with screen shots. :roll:

what did you label as title and artist? was it a mix?

Ok, if you are making your own CD'd use Nero Express and select Music, Audio CD.

Then select the songs (mp3)

Title of song is on the left, artist in middle and it is a good chance it just repeats the title of song.

Now select each song and click properties and fix it the way you want then select the order you want by clicking and hold as you move the title up or down and place it in order.

The next to final burning settings and add your CD title, artist or artists or various. Just what ever you like to call it.

Burn it and pop it in the Pioneer. It should pull your Title of the CD and your songs in the order that you had them set along with artists.

Now if you get like iTunes, make sure the folder reflects the name of the artis or title of song. Use iTunes to burn the CD making sure the order and artists are correct. Gracenote will pick it if it is correct.

If you title the cd wrong, look up the correct spelling and name. Edit it in albums (select the album (might need to go back and do it 2 x's) and select the icon that looks like a paper) and you will get the properties screen of the album. Edit the CD title correctly and if you want speech to reflect your actions, hit yes. Then when done, go to update (I think its that) and let it update. If all is ok, your CD in the Library will be correct titles and all.

Watch out that sometimes the last song ends up as the 1st song on nero.. Just a warning.

Hope this helps.

Old