AVIC411.com

new member trying to figure out bypass

i installed a D3 in my ford truck a week ago, i grounded the parking brake wire, didnt know i had to do anything with the mute yellow/black wire though, i didnt connect it to anything..... after reading this forum there is sooo many posts its got me a bit confused,

1. as of now it plays movies while i drive untill i get going faster then about 20 mph it seemed or maybe about 3 minutes, then it says, something to the effect of "it is unsafe to watch from front seat and drive"... i was figuring it knew i was driving via the gps?

as of now my mute wire is not wired to anything...

2. if connecting my yellow/black wire is the answer(i dont know why a mute wire would have any effect here) then do i...

ground out the yellow/black wire or is it a must to follow the procedure ive seen in some posts where you have to reroute it to the slot right above it, back into the plug... what does that do?

very confused, the deck is awsome though....

thanks guys.

Rob

1. Ground the yellow/black wire to either the radio's ground wire or to the body of the car.

2. Relocate the other end of that yellow/black wire to the pin location directly above it on the D3's wiring harness.

Grounding the mute wire (in it's newly relocated position) tricks the unit into thinking the car is not moving.

Grounding the parking brake wire tricks the unit into thinking the parking brake is on.