AVIC411.com

Subs No Longer Working After Bypass

I went and did the bypass yesterday, and after I got everything put back my subs weren't working. I checked everything. The amps power light is on, fuse in power line is good, RCA's, Remote, everything is connected and looks good. I cannot figure it out. I went over every connection. It has to be something with the bypass I did because they worked before that.

ANY input is greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys

Well, the only thing I can suggest is to check the blue / white wire that sends the power on signal to the sub amp. Also, it was working fine until you opened it up - perhaps something got loose. As a last resort, undo the bypass and see if it changes anything, though I don't think it was the bypass itself.

is the amp on or is it in amp protect mode? if its in protect mode itll be on but wont power the subs due to a short of some kind. happened to 2 of my friends cuz they dont know how to wire. not saying u dont in any way, but that was their case both times.

I have a JL 500/1 it has a power, thermal, and low light. The only one on is the power and it is green. If i did have a short somewhere where would it be? Thanks For The Help

Plug something with an RCA output, like a portable CD/DVD player or Ipod into the amplifier's inputs and see if the amp is actually working properly or not.

Plugged my portable dvd player into the amp and sure enough the subs hit. So what does that mean, it has to be something with my RCA's? Right? I took both the wiring harnesses out and re-did all the connections. I'm stumped...

Plug something with an RCA output, like a portable CD/DVD player or Ipod into the amplifier's inputs and see if the amp is actually working properly or not.

Plugged my portable dvd player into the amp and sure enough the subs hit. So what does that mean, it has to be something with my RCA's? Right? I took both the wiring harnesses out and re-did all the connections. I'm stumped...

Try plugging that DVD player into the amp THROUGH the RCA cable (on the D3 side of the cable) so you can discern whether it's the unit or the RCA cable that's not working right.

Also, check to make sure that you inserted the mute wire pin in the correct position and that you haven't accidentally disconnected any of the necessary RCA cable connectors from the wiring harness.

And just to be 100% sure here, you did relocate the pin position of the mute wire when you grounded it as per the bypass instructions, right? Because if you ground that wire while it's in it's original position, it will mute the radio.