AVIC411.com

Need help with rear camera

I found this forum while trying to find help with my install. I recently bought an 05 Chevy Avalanche. I am attempting to install a Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD. While it is apart, I would like to install a rear view camera. I already purchased a camera. The BOYO units seemed to be recommended. I ordered the BOYO VTL 200. I got it in the mail the other day. I need some help with a few questions.

1. Do I connect the power wire to the fuse panel with a switched source. 2.What is the rear camera reverse wire for out of the back of the radio?

3. The plug of the camera is a standard RCA type plug. The input for rear camera on the HU looks like a USB input. How do I hook this up?

Thanks in advance. I have a few more questions but will post in a seperate post.

1. depends on how you want it to function. the 4000 has the ability to view the camera anytime. i hooked mine the switched power of the hu its self, so i can switch to the camera anytime.

2. the reverse wire on the deck is the sense wire to tell the deck you went into "R". connect a wire to it that shows a voltage when you are in reverse. the easiest way to do it is to connect to the + at the reverrse bulb in the back.

3. the usb connector on the head unit is the usb audio input. its not for the camera. the camera input is the brown rca plug. plug in your standard rca cable to the brown rca input.

Thanks a ton. I feel like an idiot..lol I was looking at that input wrong on the back. It said reverse camera and I was thinking that was for the USB cable hanging out. I see the brown RCA plug in now.

I have another question. I am hooking the positive wire of the camera to the fuse panel that has a spot for power when vehicle is on. I am going to hook up that reverse lear wire from the HU to to the reverse signal under the dash.

Will the HU automatically switch to the back up camera when the vehicle is in reverse. I am assuming yes. Will I also be able to just hit the souce for the camera and bring it up anytime?

Thanks for the help.