AVIC411.com

F90BT zooming into outer space...

I've noticed a couple times my screen goes from my current location., starts zooming out, and never stops until i see the whole earth, then my screen is all black. I can hit the current location info button and it stills shows what it should. The first time it happened it was in outer space for 2-3 minutes, then it zoomed right back into where it should be.

I've tried playing with smart zoom and it still does it. It usually goes back to normal when i start it up again.

Anyone else had this happen?

I've had that happen a few times. It's usually when I have tried to zoom out. Did this happen to you after you tried to manually zoom out a couple of notches? What I 'think' was happening in my case is that I was being impatient and/or holding the multi-switch down a bit too long and it just locked up in the zoom-out mode. Also happened once when I was trying to mute but had some down pressure on the knob. It's annoying but usually (like you said) corrects itself in a couple of seconds or two.

I've noticed a couple times my screen goes from my current location., starts zooming out, and never stops until i see the whole earth, then my screen is all black.

[snip]

Anyone else had this happen?

Yes, it has happened a few times on my F700BT when switching from 3D to 2D. Switching back to 3D and then 2D again fixed it.

• 7 months later...