AVIC411.com

New Avic D3/QX4 - Ready to install... I think.

Hey all,

I have been all over this forum as I picked up an Avic D3 last week on sale at Circuit City for $599.00, minus $100 because it is missing the East DVD Disk which I am hoping to get off eBay. I paid $499 total + tax and did not get any blue tooth, XM, or backup camera.. and no IPOD stuff because I have a Zune. ($14.00 a month unlimited music, radio - I take the metro to work every day)

I picked up a wiring hardness and dash kit from Crutchfield which arrived last Tuesday. (It's a single din kit as no double exists for my QX4, with slot I hope to cut up cleanly with my Dremmell tool) I was talking to a co-worker of mine who affirmed my installation should be rather easy.

I didn't want to Pay another $260 to Circuit City for the install if I can try it myself, it looks straight forward. I'll work on the bypass I read about here once I get it installed.

My only question is about the Avic's power. Will I need a secondary power supply other than what the factor harness supplies to run the Avic D3? I just match up the wiring harness to the Avic's harness and plug it all in. If I do need to run a secondary power supply for it what's the best way to do it?

If you got the wiring harness adapter from Crutchfield, that should be all you need. It will hook the AVIC's wiring up to your car's radio wiring. You will not need to run any extra power cables, as everything you need is already in that harness.

All you have to do is take the wiring harness that comes with the AVIC and the adapter harness you got from Crutchfield, and splice them together (all the wires are color coded so you can't mess it up) and then it will simply plug right into your car's factory radio wiring harness.