AVIC411.com

Possible HD Radio solution for D3?

The Sony XT-100HD states that all it needs is a head unit that accepts sat radio.

http://www.etronics.com/p-38626-sony-xt100hd-sony-xt100hd-hd-radio-tuner.aspx?dp=2212C252E6223253E3836383B3570373637363335313&svbname=403&bname=GoogleBase

I am having trouble deciding if this could work with teh D3? For 20 bucks after rebate I might try - anyone else have any experience in this? I already have Sirius and want to try HD radio(just for the sake of trying it).

Also there is a 50 dollar rebate http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/retail/pdfs/08Q2/0630-0929db_50HDradio.pdf

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I use Pioneer's GEX-P10HD tuner. It may be an "external device" but it works for $100.

Can you let us know exactly how you like it? Does it work well? How the user interface?

The user interface is "generic". It works well - RDS information scrolls, and the presets work.

It's not as "pretty" as the stock tuner, though. It shows up as EXT-1 for me.

I didnt buy the hd tuner yet (still thinking about it) but you need to either use 2 antenna's or you would need to use a Y adapter for your current tuner. IE they have seperate antenna inputs and wont be sharing the antenna.

The hd tuner does recieve analog radio though so you could just use the hd tuner and just not use the current tuner if you wanted