AVIC411.com

Pioneer D3 with Ipod Nano issues - help required.

I have searched the forums and there DOES seem to be a number of people experiencing the same problem I am.

My searched also show that those people have recieved 0 responces - but im hoping some one out there can still shed some light on the issue.

I have a Pioneer D3. When i connect my Ipod Nano 2nd generation 8 gig (with the latest firmware) the D3 switches on Ipod mode. But it does not display any options. Nothing loads. On the ipod nothing happens. It stays the same. I have tried pressing the video button then playing but the D3 does not display any information.

I purchased my lead from ebay and it is NOT the official pioneer one. I have checked all the connections AND i have tried using another ipod (it was the same model) - Im going to try using a newer ipod today but

I dont see what the problem can be. A faulty lead is the only suggestion possible.

I dont believe it can be that my lead is 'aftermarket' because a lead is a lead - just some adapters and wires ... correct?

Thanks in responce.

Three things can be happening here:

1 - the ipod cable isn't working correctly

2 - the ipod isn't working correctly

3 - the D3 isn't working correctly

Try using a different ipod and see if it works. If it does, your ipod is no good. If it doesn't, either the ipod cable or (although highly unlikely) the D3 is no good.

• 2 weeks later...