AVIC411.com

Disabling Voice Command Confirmation Prompts...almost

I know people have complained about the lag time of listening to the lady yap the confirmations when doing voice commands. I just posted a reply to a thread about the SR1 remote but I thought I'd post this snipit as well seperately for anyone that's not aware of this trick. It doesn't completely disable her talking but it does temporarily and it's simple and makes voice commands quick and painless now...at least for me anyway.

From my other post:

[i]Oh, one last trick I found with the SR1 that I hadn't realized before. If you double press the voice command button (on the remote or head unit either one) it'll eliminate the stupid confirmation voice and just beep so you don't have to wait for the lady to finish her 5mph talking. It's now handy to quickly switch sources by double pressing the voice button and saying "XM" or "ipod" or "FM" etc. That's the closest I've found to being able to disable the voice command confirmations. [/i]

I've also noticed that if you click the speaker icon on the navigation map screen to mute guidance it also mutes the voice command confirmations. Not as fast as the double tap above since I think it's just muting her voice and so the delay before it's ready to listen is still the same.

If this has already been posted I appologize but in all of the threads about killing the voice command prompts I don't remember anyone mentioning this double tap of the voice command button to disable the confirmation.