AVIC411.com

Well my touch-screen started needing alignment and I finally broke down and took it to Pioneer. Paid the $200 and the screen works like new!

The bad news is that now the unit won't navigate correctly. I can enter an address and it will "paint" the green line on the map, but the voice prompts don't work - other that to say "You've arrived".

In addition, it doesn't display the street you are on when driving, and it won't auto-recalculate if I make a turn off the route.

I bought the unit at Frys and they did the install, but I now know they didn't do a good job. Still. it worked fine until the head was pulled for the bad screen. Any ideas?

thanks

~Marc

I called Pioneer, removed the unit and dropped it off again. BTW, Pioneer will tell you that they don't really like customer drop-offs, but they can't refuse them as long as they are doing service. Hopefully they will get it right this time, I need my back-up cam (Isuzu NPR Diesel with 12 foot box)!

regards

~Marc

The Pioneer story continues: Pioneer sent my head unit back again. The N3 still doesn't function correctly, so I'll call Pioneer on Monday and see if they want to look at my N3 brain as the cause. The unit was working fine when I sent it in to have the screen aligned.

I called Pioneer and after getting shuffled to 3 different people, I was told that the Pioneer Rep would call me on Wednesday. I will be anxious to hear what she has to say about this. Maybe I'm getting closer to getting my unit repaired properly.

regards

~Marc

The Pioneer story continues: Pioneer sent my head unit back again. The N3 still doesn't function correctly, so I'll call Pioneer on Monday and see if they want to look at my N3 brain as the cause. The unit was working fine when I sent it in to have the screen aligned.

I called Pioneer and after getting shuffled to 3 different people, I was told that the Pioneer Rep would call me on Wednesday. I will be anxious to hear what she has to say about this. Maybe I'm getting closer to getting my unit repaired properly.

regards

~Marc

The Pioneer saga continues. The rep who was supposed to call yesterday didn't, so today I will call Pioneer back and attempt to speak with her. I'll keep this board updated on the results.

regards

~Marc

regards

~Marc

Finally a clue! I called Pioneer again and this time I spoke with a guy that actually owned an N3 at one time. He told me that until the N

The Pioneer saga continues. The rep who was supposed to call yesterday didn't, so today I will call Pioneer back and attempt to speak with her. I'll keep this board updated on the results.

regards

~Marc

Finally a clue! I called Pioneer again this morning and spoke with a guy who actually owned a N3 at one time. He told me that until the N3 "learning" is complete, the unit won't act right. He asked me to give it a few more days and then call back if it is still in the "learning status". I'll give it a try.

regards

~Marc

regards

~Marc

Finally a clue! I called Pioneer again and this time I spoke with a guy that actually owned an N3 at one time. He told me that until the N

regards

~Marc

Finally a clue! I called Pioneer again this morning and spoke with a guy who actually owned a N3 at one time. He told me that until the N3 "learning" is complete, the unit won't act right. He asked me to give it a few more days and then call back if it is still in the "learning status". I'll give it a try.

regards

~Marc

Doh! I took my truck out to Fry's today to have them look at it in case I missed anything when I reinstalled the HU. I did notice that one side of the cable that connects the brain wouldn't lock in, but it sure looked like it was in all the way. It turns out that once the installer "clicked" it into place, that was all it took to return my unit to normal operation. It was weird; it worked _almost_ perfectly, but it would never go into hybrid mode. It sure made me feel stoopid

Now I'll bypass the unit so I can access my Nav system without having to park.

regards

~Marc

• 3 weeks later...
GL on the bypass as we had a few N3's sent in for repair and when they came back missing the switch and pads were guessing they swapped out the board for a N1 or somthing ..

Hmmm, I haven't removed the unit again to do the bypass, but hopefully they didn't touch it since it has never been bypassed. Now I'll have to look just to see if they monkeyed with it!

regards

~Marc