AVIC411.com

F700BT Install pics 2008 Subaru Impreza/2009 Subaru Forester

Since Subaru uses a weird design where the body of the radio is a standard double din but the faceplate is wider, a kit from Scosche is needed to fill in the gaps around the factory trim panel. The bad thing about the Scosche trim panel though is it sticks out so far it makes it hard to use the control knob.

Overall am pleased although am suffering through some of the issues that have already been discussed; iPod slow to sync, screen tends to wash out in daylight, etc.

post-20726-12872754694523_thumb.jpg

I just put the D3 in my 08 Impreza and I don't like that it is not flush also.... however, the scosche kit looks much better than the metra kit. I'll post pictures later.

did you hook up the VSS wire? Where did you find it? I have an 08 impreza Outback Sport with an f90bt installed.

Have you guys tried using some small spacers / washers before you place the headunit with the metra / scosche mount against the dashboard? I'm sure the mouting screws are long enough to cope with this.

Would that not bring the headunit out far enough to avoid the problems you mentioned with it not being flush?

Cheers.

Here's a picture with the new trim panel from Subaru. Much better than having to use the Scosche kit. Theres a slight gap between the trim panel and the head unit but not too bad. With the factory mounting brackets it still will be recessed so I've used some washers to shim it out.

post-20726-12872754703442_thumb.jpg

Very nice install... I used the same audio bezel from Subaru for mine. Looks significantly better overall. I just wish that Pioneer hadn't made the face of the unit a bit smaller than double din in the first place though without providing some sort of trim ring to flush it back out.

I will have to try using some washers as you did to space mine a bit back towards the bezel.

IMG_1094.JPG

Are you a member of NASIOC.com?

I'm Nick, the owner of the site. I've had an ongoing discussion about the unit and my install and issues thus far.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthr ... ?t=1513622

I'm just waiting patiently at this point for the firmware updates as everyone else is.