AVIC411.com

Ipod question about updating itunes anyone please help asap

I have a Ipod video (30GB). I just bought the new 3G Iphone. When I plugged it in it says I must update my itunes to the newest version. Now if I update the new itunes will it mess up my ipod where I wont be able to watch videos thru my D3?

Also will it erase all the stuff I have bought from the Itunes store? If anyone knows please let me know so I can download stuff for my iphone asap. Thanks in advance.

No One knows??? Damn i figured somebody would be able to help. I just got a Iphone and i want to put some stuff on it, but i dont want to jepordize my ipod being able to play video with the ipod cable thru my D3. I remember seeing somewhere about updating ipod version could cause the ipod not to function thru the D3 with Video.

Updating itunes will do nothing to your ipod. Updating the ipod to a new firmware might render your D3 control useless but updating itunes will not affect weather your ipod works with your D3 or not. Just be sure the message your seeing is telling you to update itunes and not the ipod. I do know that your 3G will not work unless you update to the newest version of itunes so that is most likely what it is telling you.