AVIC411.com

avic d1 in 2003 kia optima

i bought the d1 and a double din installation kit for the kia. i installed the radio but if i push the dashboard back on where it clips back into place, when i try to open the screen to put in a cd, the screen gets stuck and won't come out all the way. if i leave the dash on without clipping back into place, i can open the screen to the cd and dvd position. it looks like the radio might be installed a little to low in the dash. has anybody had this problem with installing this radio in this car? and what did you do to fix it so that the screen can open to put cds in? the install kit is the metra 95-7313.
You may have to file the bottom of the radio opening slightly. When the face is opened, look on the bottom of the sliding tray, you'll see a white track with teeth on it. This is what usually catches. If filing your dash is not an option because of a lease, try what cntrylvr79 said and slot ordrill new holes in your dash kit, sliding it down a c**thair.
this is a update on the metra kit for the 2003 kia optima. i took the dash off and noticed that there were two sets of holes on the kit to bolt to the dashboard. i had used the four top holes instead of using the bottom holes. i took the screws out and moved them to the bottom holes and it lined up with the dash perfectly. it moved the front of the radio up so that now i can open the screen to put in cds and eject my dvdrom. that goes to show you that doing something in a hurry you will probably miss the most simplest things. thanks for your replies, they helped me out in realizing that i was doing something wrong. i still have that popping noise when i shut off my car. will this popping cause damage to my speakers?