AVIC411.com

My F700BT impressions

Ok.

I just installed this in my car.

With all the negative comments I read...

I am experiencing none.

Bluetooth works fine. People on the other side could hear me fine and I could hear them fine. Just sometimes doesn't connect instantly.

Startup takes less than a minute.

Ipod works well. VR works flawlessly too.

Navigation is near perfect.

I don't know...but I am very happy with this unit.

Only downside is that the navigation voice is either a guy or a robotic girl.

And plus there is minor "static-y" noise when they speak.

Other than that...great product!!!

I had "static-y" noises on my unit too but then I realized I needed to use something to lower the output from the radio before going to my truck's factory amp. I used a PAC OEM-2 to fix that problem. Before putting that in when I had the radio on and NOTHING was plating I would hear a slight hissing sound coming from the speakers. When the radio was on, volume level 10-15 was LOUD. In the Sound Settings for the navigation, I had master and voice set to just one level above the lowest possible setting and that was loud too and the beeps were very annoying and full of static as well. Not anymore! Now my average volume level is around 30 and if I want to LOUD 50 or 55 is just fine :)

He's not referring to a background hiss or static, he's talking about the annoying hiss that occurs whenever the unit overlays sound over music. It sounds like you're listening to an FM station with terrible reception.

It's much worse when the voice prompt volume it turned down low.

People love to complain thats all i am saying about that. I agree that this product should have been a little more tested at pioneer but i too am happy with it. The fact that when you search for a poi it crashes is the only problem i am having trouble understanding why they let that pass through to stores. But not a big deal when you have an iphone which can look up businesses.