AVIC411.com

Dude... the Z3 just got here...

maybe next year...

maybe even later than that? but even so whats the difference between the z1 and z3? barly anything. i bought a z1 used and when i bought the z3 hard drive i was so excited to see whats different...big disappointment. its really nothing to look foward to unless the newest model (which i doubt they even started to consider working on) has some kick ass features that the old ones dont.

I would assume it would come out next year, late winter or in spring. Especially if it is just an update again. But I would be surprised if some of the features in the F series did not show up in a Z or N with new hardware. And if that was true I would be amazed if they were not working on it now. If they are doing new hardware I would hope they be almost done with the basic design and starting on testing in the fall if they would want a prototype for next years the CES.

I am also willing to bet that R&D started to work on either a new system or the revamp of which ever system is next in line right after they finished the basic design of the F which seemed to be an overhaul of the D.

I would assume it would come out next year, late winter or in spring. Especially if it is just an update again. But I would be surprised if some of the features in the F series did not show up in a Z or N with new hardware. And if that was true I would be amazed if they were not working on it now. If they are doing new hardware I would hope they be almost done with the basic design and starting on testing in the fall if they would want a prototype for next years the CES. I am also willing to bet that R&D started to work on the revamp of which ever system is next in line right after they finished the revamp of the D to the basic design of the F.

if the z4 is released with all the f series and n series features, i wont hesitate to sell my 700bt.

but on the flip side, it the z4 is an all-in-one avic (though itd be pricy) would ne1 bother to buy the n or f series? it would have:

multiple maps views

usb/sd input

ipod video playback

vehicle dynamics

divx compatible

changable key colors

splash screen with no copyrighted watermark

voice commands for everything

a 2d map that doesnt only face north :lol:

hd radio

built in bluetooth

smartzoom