AVIC411.com

08 Altima, using factory mic?

I have a new 08 ALtima Coupe that i got with a built in bluetooth phone system. I recently had the f700 installed and realized that an ugly, awkward microphone needs to be installed along with it. Is it possible to use the nice neat hidden mic that was included from the factory?

On a side note, after the install i got in my car (had it done by professionals, at least i hope they are), my phone linked with my old bluetooth system like it was still present. I obviously had no control over it, and nothing came through on the speakers, but it still linked and ganked my phone signal from the handset. Maybe this detail can help someone derive a theory?

new to the forums this is my first post, i did search for this but it is a bit of a specific question and I couldnt find anything on built in bluetooth mics.

I'm guessing the bluetooth unit in your car isn't part of the stock radio, but an external unit that connected to the OEM radio and they just unplugged the data cable when pulling out the old radio, much like they would do with an OEM CD changer or the like. Unfortunately, that leaves it still powered up. You're probably going to have to get into the dash (or wherever it's located) and disconnect the power from it. I don't think it's as simple as pulling a fuse in the fuse panel to disable it... most likely, rather than having it's own fuse, it runs off the radio circuit so pulling the fuse wouldn't be an option.

And while you're in there to disconnect the bluetooth unit's power, you can check out what kind of connector the stock microphone has to see if it will plug in to the Pioneer unit.

Or just delete the device from your phone. As long as they're not paired, it won't do anything to have it powering up.

yeah that was the first thing i did lol. . . my primary question for this thread was using the factory mic, not disconnecting my bluetooth device.