AVIC411.com

Clarion MAX983HD

Just installed one in my car last Friday, after cancelling the F900BT order. Only three days experience of using, but so far so excellent.

Starts almost imediately upon turning the key, menus are extremely fast and navigation calculation is virtually instantaneous.

The database is very accurate, at least in my area. Can't test TMC, since it is not available in Portugal.

I have also installed the BLT583 Bluetooth interface box and the CA692 iPod interface cable. Unfortunately my Nokia E61 has very limited Bluetooth capabilities, so I'm not able to test all its functions. Basic (making and receiving calls) works perfectly though. Hopefully, my upcoming E71 will perform better in that respect. I also haven't got an iPod (yet) and haven't tested that bit either.

CD ripping is very good and efficient and Gracenote db quite compreensive.

What isn't very good yet is the PC software (Clarion Navimanager 1.1), hopefully it will be updated. Also, no skins are available yet, and the MAX973HD ones are not compatible.

Very good also would be a tool to desgn our own skins.

All in all, I'm very happy with it, it hasn't crashed yet, is extremely fast in all respects, and has performed 100% as advertised.