AVIC411.com

AVIC-F700BT or AVIC D3

Hey Everyone I am trying to keep up with all the new hoopla of the new F series. The Pioneer commercials look sweet. I am trying to decide which route to go AVIC-F700BT or AVIC D3? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have been looking through the forums trying to see if the F series glitches have been addressed. Have they?

Has anyone experienced a D3 & AVIC-F700BT? Where is the best place to shop for either unit. Sorry for the newbie questions but I am still very new to the AVIC line.

It depends on if navigation is important to you, The 700 doesn't have navigation the d3 does, you do have to buy updated dvd maps for it though which can be costly. I am currently waiting on the f90, that has had glitches but hopefully the update will take care of that. If your looking to buy online? Woofers etc.com/ sonicelectronix.com/ crutchfield.com

One thing to consider is that the D3 will play DVD's and the F700 will not.

But then again, for the D3 you have to have the nav disk in the drive to set up the route, where as the F700 it doesn't need a disk to use the nav.

I personally would go with the F700. I've had the D3, which IMO was a really good unit despite the problems it had. It's the same with the F series. Great units, but it's got some problems.

I think the F700 is the winner, though. The integrated bluetooth, ability to upgrade without having to buy expensive disks, and SD/USB connectivity are all really good features, on top of all the other features that it shares with the D3.

I think the onlythings that the D3 has over the F700 is that it has a DVD drive, the startup doesn't take as long, and (although it's doesn't actually navigate as well) the nav has a bit of a better interface.