AVIC411.com

f90bt question about the HD radio option and analog FM

What is does this multicasting mean when your in the HD radio interface? Does it display station information like artist, song title and radio name?

B/C in the manual it does not appear that way but I have read elsewhere that it does display this information.

I no that the unit is not equipped with RDS, but when your using the HD radio tuner does it then display the analog FM stations RDS? I would not understand why it would display such information for only the HD stations (If thats how it is).

Just curious

Taken from a press release announcing the approval of HD radio in Canada.:

"Using the HD Radio technology, existing AM and FM stations can broadcast digital signals along with the analog, providing multiple channels of programming on the same frequency, known as “multicastingâ€.

In addition to allowing for programming expansion via these multicasts, the technology’s developer, iBiquity Digital Corp., says that HD Radio provides improved sound quality over analog service. It can also allow for other neat options, like scrolling text and graphics content on the display of a receiver; and real-time traffic updates. HD Radio’s in-channel, on-band (IBOC) system is already available to approximately 80 per cent of the U.S. population through more than 1,100 AM and FM radio stations; and receivers are available from about 20 manufacturers. "

Hope that helps

:)