AVIC411.com

New Professional Install - Low Volume

I have an issue that my new Avic D3's volume level. In order to get a decent sound level I have to set the D3 to loud and pick one of the louder profiles? It seems to work pretty good for the radio and I have found how to set the navigation volume as well. The default out of the box volume setting is pretty hard to hear anything.

I do not have any aftermarket amps or anything, this unit is installed in an 01' Infiniti QX4 w/ amplifier.

My installer thinks its the harness he used, I wanted to check what you all think? Either way I have to bring it back in for him to take a look.

Probably one of two things, or maybe both.

1 - He has it hooked up to the factory amplifier incorrectly

2 - The D3's preout voltage is rather low compared to other radios. It might not be able to supply the factory amp with as strong a signal as the factory radio did, causing a lower volume output.

Thanks for the reply, to this note:

1 - He has it hooked up to the factory amplifier incorrectly

He used harnesses? Would a Crutchfield harness for example take care of this? He advised me that the Crutchfield harnesses I had given him were not for an amplified system and he had to use his own?

Understood, he didn't do the Bypass right either even with the instructions I gave him. That might because the guy who sets up the appointments didn't mention it to the installer at all.

Its doing something though I get the error message that the parking break isn't hooked up correctly, I just have not had enough time to look at it.

Understood, he didn't do the Bypass right either even with the instructions I gave him. That might because the guy who sets up the appointments didn't mention it to the installer at all.

Its doing something though I get the error message that the parking brake isn't hooked up correctly, I just have not had enough time to look at it.